5.06.2008

A Name, A Blesssing






D & C 20:70 Every member of the church of Christ having children is to bring them unto the elders before the church, who are to lay their hands upon them in the name of Jesus Christ, and bless them in his name.


Sunday, my son was blessed by his daddy. It was one of those days that everything seems to come full-circle and the true meaning of our journey here is more clear. I am so proud to be a mother in Zion... it is an honor. I know that our Father in Heaven rejoices in these little miraculous events and that in these tiny little babies countenances, his light shines bright. The older I get the more I realize I want to be like these children, innocent and pure.


I hope that my family and close friends who shared in this special day with us, know how much it meant to our family. We love all of you and are so happy to have you in our lives, thank you for all of your support. My dad bore his testimony and talked about "Returning with Honor", I hope that I can do that, and I hope that my son will too someday.


I am proud of you Anthony.


4 comments:

SUMMER said...

Oh my... that was really sweet Mo. I have a few tears right now. I am proud of you. And Anthony gave a beautiful blessing to a beautiful baby. I love you!

SUMMER said...

P.S. Why is Carol taller than me in that picture? And why are my girls the only ones shoving cantelope in their faces?

SUMMER said...

Also.. forgot to add Z.S. Riot!

queenieweenie said...

I loved that day! I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it. We all love you and your family soooo much. As we were leaving Hailey asked me when she could come stay with you and Sammy said, "When are we seeing our cousins again?" We'll have to play a lot this summer. I love you.