those of you who know me well, know i have been down lately. everyone keeps telling me to keep busy, hug my children, count my blessings (i have so many), get out of bed, and to try to find things that make me happy. so, in 2009 i am going to blog one thing for every day in no particular order that makes me smile....even if it is material.
since we are into january by 9 days, here are 9 things that make me happy:
1. shoes, when i designed my closet i had to have a wall for my shoes...i LOVE shoes. even though half the time i wear rainbows or uggs, it's fun to know that if i want to dress up (& by up i mean literally "up" i am a whopping 5'2) i have my pick of some pretty fun kicks. & if something happens to me, summer has dibs on my collection (as long as she shares them with my girls when their feet grow)!
this pair came in the mail yesterday, i had my eye on them for a while, they're my new favorite:
2. peppermint ice-cream. i developed a taste for it last year, & this summer was torture until baskin robbins had it in their stores again. it's the best, hands down.

3. chanel nailpolish it's the best out there...expensive, but a fun splurge.

4. horseback riding one day i will have my own.

5. maui caramacs every time i go to hawaii, i eat about a box of these a day...they're even better frozen.
6. speaking of hawaii & everything about it.

7. hillary aka: bopper, boppy, fuzzy-bean, my baby's other mama, freckles, bucket-burger, my baby sister & best friend.
8. twilight i've said it before, but these books are not literary masterpieces. they are good, clean, fun escapism & i adored them! spuds, just read the darn books, you just might be surprised.

9. craig ferguson not only is this guy freaking hilarious...."i know".... he overcame his addiction to alcohol & has been sober for almost 2 decades. that makes me smile, & gives me hope.



9 comments:
Great "happy" items. I can't wait to see what else makes you happy. I'm sure there will be multiple postings of the kids :)
GAG on Twilight but LOVE the shoes collection dibs!!!
i might have to take the shoes away if you keep "gagging" spuds!!!!!!
love this post!
i totally agree with the chanel nailpolish.
bagel shack tomorrow?
Fine... I will not gag on Twilight. Especially if it makes you happy spuds! Thanks for taking such good care of me this morning. And I may not be giving you back these sweatpants for another 31 weeks... they are too cozy and the perfect length.
I love this post! I didn't know about the Chanel polish, I think I'll have to order some right now! And I KNOW you love shoes because you had such sympathy for me when I told you I have to wear New Balance all the time for my feet problems! And who doesn't love Hillary, she's the best! I can't wait to hear more of your happy things!
It's a tremendous sadness in my life that we don't have the same shoe size.
Hang in there girl...some days are just going to suck.
If Hillary is your BF, does that make me your other mother?
Love you SO much.
Those are all fun. I bought a few pair of GREAT shoes while E was gone. I still refer to them as my rehab shoe collection. They were expensive and just a little pick me up that lasted for about 2 mins. But as you know, 2 mins of excitement is worth it sometimes.
I'm thinking about you all the time. You are doing great. You will always be great. lots of love!
You look like a natural on that horse. Is that Blackberry Farm in the background?
Post a Comment