1.06.2009

Family

grace & faith keep asking me about divorce. they want to know if daddy will be her stepdad, if he will ever live with us again, & why "we" have to get a divorce.  i don't have all the answers, but this is what i have been telling them in bits & pieces.

first of all girls, "we" are NOT getting divorced.  mommy & daddy are, it has NOTHING to do with you children.
you know how he doesn't live with us now, but you still get to see him?  well, some mommies & daddies get along better if they don't live in the same house, it doesn't mean they are not still a family.  NO MATTER WHAT, daddy will always be your daddy, and i will always be your mommy, and that means, we are still a family.

every night in her prayers grace asks a blessing for all the people who have problems, and are sick,  like daddy.   even at 6 years old, she has the faith to know that the Lord can help us when we have trials.  every night and day in my prayers, i pray that my children will be okay & that i can raise them to the light... and help them understand that no matter what, we are all a child of God.
 

11 comments:

kiks said...

amanda, you are so incredibly strong. your answers to the girls are perfect. what an example of selfless love you are exposing them to. i'm proud to have you as a friend and you are all in our prayers... always.

anthony looks at peace in those pictures.

Ashley Park said...

Mo.. your kids are going to be fine because they have YOU as their mommy! You are such an example to me.

Jennifer said...

Your family is beautiful and I know that because you have God in your life you will be fine and hopefully Anthony will too. You truly are full of selflessness and love!

Anonymous said...

Amanda
This is Lindsey Wall your college roomate :) I am so grateful for your strength and example...it hits home and thank you for sharing!! Id love to hear from you
linzwall@gmail.com
I am so proud og you! And you have ALWAYS been a great example.....
Love you always and always have
you and your family are in my prayers.....

queenieweenie said...

You ARE raising them to the light. They are strong Spirits. Heavenly Father knew they would have this trial and gave them an extra loving mommy to help them through. You are doing what is best for your babies and someday they will see that. I love you!

SUMMER said...

Anthony is a great dad and I know how much those kids love him. I am so proud of your attitude with everything and your desire to keep him in their lives. I think that is so important. Love you and miss you. Where have you been? Why did you vanish again? I need some cupcakes to cure my morning sickness....

Anonymous said...

Amanda, once again, your grace and peace of mind amaze me. You are extremely in tune and able to help these little ones through this trial when you yourself must be hurting so much too. You amaze me at your strength in being able to rise above the chaos and the sadness and still see all the light that surrounds you. Your children are truly amazing, and I think a lot of it is because their mom helps them to shine, no matter what. I love you so much and am so grateful to call you my friend. XO

Brittany said...

Amanda,

I know this has to be so hard for you. I am so proud of you and I know you and the kids will be fine. We pray for you, and can I tell you that after I told Joe he has been scared ever since. He decided to do another detox. So hopefully being scared out of his mind that there is a chance I would leave him will help! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. We live really close. Stay strong

Brittany

C Gardner said...

Amanda, you are doing GREAT. I am so proud of you. I know that your Heavenly Father has been with you each step of the way because you have turned to Him. Remember each moment that angels are guarding your door, keeping you, Grace, Faith and Hank safe and happy.

maryam said...

You are amazing. I truly admire your strength and faith (grace & hank, too!) :) You have many people praying for your family each day... remember that always. You are all so loved.

Hazen5 said...

Amanda, It was so good to be with you Friday! I'm glad I got to hug those kids of yours! Just remember when you are feeling down, hug one of them and you'll feel tons better!