12.11.2008

Tough Love

i can forgive but i won't forget (safe love)
i have to draw boundaries and hold them (tough love)
i will protect my children at all costs (mother's love)

whomever told me i was happy that nick is dying, doesn't know me
i have been brutally honest on my blog, this is my journal, this is for my children, this is for me, this is to help us understand everything.  but there are some things i won't talk about.

do i have anger?  of course i do!  i have never presumed to be perfect.  this is my journey and i learn something new everyday.  

nick was my friend.. he also hurt me.  it is tragic what has happened, but it happened.  i didn't wish it.  what i wished is that he could pull himself out of his addiction and recover, but, he didn't, at least not in this life.  he is a casualty of this horrible war that the adversary has waged on humankind.  

i still have hope that anthony will not become another casualty one day.  i still hope that the bell never has to ring for him.  i will always hope.

15 comments:

SUMMER said...

As Amanda's best friend, I can honestly say that she was really upset and sad to hear about Nick's situation. It scared her because it hit really close to home for her. How DARE anyone right such awful things that Amanda wanted Nick in this situation! To say that is to say that you don't even know Amanda...

amanda said...

i love you puddds and i am on my way there my dad just got here...
xo me

Ashley Park said...

MO- don't let "morons" as Ricky Dee would say, upset you. Your true friends know you and you inspire so many people with your journey and your bravery. I love you and know you will find peace in this all.

The Hamiltons said...

I don't know you either...but I have eagerly read your blog...because your kids are so cute..but also because of your strength, and your faith in the Lord. I am a member of the church and I understand what you are going through. Everybody has different trails and bumps. You are an incredible person, and I keep your family in my prayers.

Lisa Harris said...

Sad, it's all just sad.

Anonymous said...

amanda I do not know you but read your blog on a regular basis. you have helped me to understand addiction and the pain and suffering it causes. Please do not let 1 nasty person upset you. You are a wonderfull kind caring and generouse person who is going through such a difficult time and deserve support and kind thoughts at this time. I pray for you and your family every night that things will work out. Please be positive god is good and most people are kind and sympathise with this terrible tradegy. Please keep positive.

Jennifer said...

I know that we are friends, but I don't know that we are FRIENDS. I occasionally glance at your blog and just I have to say I am in tears when I read many of your posts. You are strong, independent, and a wonderful mother. Thanks for inspiring me in ways you probably can't imagine. I hope Anthony gets well soon. Maybe we can work on becoming real friends in the future. BTW, your children are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you do not know me but you are such an inspiration to all of us going thru this!! Thanks for your thoughts and info on the subject. Seeing that you can make it thru this helps see that anyone can!! Anthony and you are still married aren't you? You are such a cute couple! And the kids are beautiful. Such a cute combo of you both!!

Bill and Paige said...

Amanda,
Your strength is such an inspiration to me. You are an amazing mother and wife. You and your family continue tobe in my thoughts and prayers.

sachia said...

If anybody wants to say anything nasty to Amanda your gonna have to deal with me. Obviously your an idiot and do not understand compassion, humanism and the golden rule. Study those things then start to begin to think about posting anything else on her blog!

SUMMER said...

And I am embarrassed that I wrote "right" instead of "write"... oops a daisy!

amanda said...

spuds....at least you aren't the zuit suit riot...that, would be embarassing.

karlin said...

i love the first 3 lines... i would say tough love has become one of my mottos throughout my life. it's easier said than done. you're a great writer and an inspiration.

ali said...

amanda...you know I think you're amazing! still in my prayers for the amazing feats you constantly overcome!

ali said...

ps...would you quit tipping me, moneybags? :)