5.14.2008

Top Ten Things To Do At American Idol


#10 Get on the back lot through a high security entrance and be the VIP guests of the Director of Security; privately escorted to front row seats for both the Dress Rehearsal, and the live taping of AI. during the rehearsal there are "fake" Randy, Simon & Paula and they are HILARIOUS!!! The Simey stand in even had the coveted haircut; and Seacrest ran around texting the whole time and jumping around all over the stage like a spaz, he even fell off the stage at one point!

#9 Be seated in front of Justin Guarini and the winners of the Walgreen American Idol tickets contest! right in front of them, and of course we chatted it up like we were old buddies, and he is coming out with a new album soon.

#8 Have our seat taken by Emily VanCamp from (Everwood & Brothers & Sisters) 2 minutes before air; being escorted to the front right row of the pit, in front of the gay guys (and Summer) who yelled "FIRE" "FIRE" "FIRE" everytime Sayesha was on stage. they were flaming and kept telling Paula, "we made you"!

#7 Listen to David Archuleta sing acapella and watch the hairs rise on my arm with goosebumps, watch Sayesha dance & be groupies whenever David rocked out on stage! and of course as i posted below, when david walked off the stage and hand delivered me his guitar rose during the commercial break.

#6 Be escorted backstage after the show and meet Constantine, the Davids, Gavin DeGraw, Sayesha and share a moment with David Archuletta's dad Jeff and voice coach about how much we love archie. make plans to meet up with him and David later.

#5 Meet Ricky Minor (who I idiotically called Ricky Martin) and talk with him for a while and then have him lay a peck right on my lips, that didn't catch me off guard!

#4 Be chased off the lot by two morons in a golfcart on a power trip after we stayed a tad too long with no credentials to show them.

#3 Wait for Randy, and get Usher instead, yes Usher, and tell him that I have his twin Escalade. in my defense i am pleading temporary insanity at this point.

#2 Meet up with Jeff Archuleta and David's voice coach for dinner at Maggiano's (call Ricky Dee and let them chat for a good 10 minutes about missionary work and keeping the faith); have David join us for dessert which I told him to go ahead and binge on because he deserved it and it would make him a better singer; enjoy his amazing spirit and countenance he is so unaffected by the fame and continually praised all the other contestants and said he was honored to be in their presence...are you kidding me, is he for real? tell him to wait to get married until my six year old was old enough because I want to be his mother-in-law, send him back to his apartment with some leftovers and lots of love.

#1 Thing to do at AI: finish the night off with some fruity toppings at Pinkberry; visit a psychic in the ghetto; make memories and friends for life...thanks Summer (celeb magnet), Jenny(fab makeup/ cool-as-a-cucumber) & Maryam(gorgeous & 9 months prego), that was too much fun; come home to an exhausted husband who did a fabulous job watching the babes!

11 comments:

maryam said...

I am still pinching myself! I seriously thought we were going to get shot last night on Ditman Rd. Remember the guy who I thought was pointing a gun at us? Wait, this just in... You need to be more private and Sum needs to stop worrying. HA! Just imagine if we would have worn the wigs. By the way, you should have Archie's dad talk to your dog.

amanda said...

oh my gosh maryam, i still am going on pure adrenilyn, i can't believe all the hilarious things that happened, especially the cigarette-gun pointing at us, and the mariah carey look-alike psychic! how sweet are all our husbands to watch the kids for us...i can't wait to hear what happens to bryan! p.s. i was gonna have my dog call jeff this evening!

Hazen5 said...

Okay Amanda, I hate you right now!!! I am so jealous. You win with the star sightings. Rick must have been in Heaven talking to David's dad. And you looked like a hot momma on T.V.!!!

Jenny said...

Where to begin? Oh yeah! Freakin' Awesome! Thanks for a fabulous, unforgettable, seriously surreal night! We'll have to do it again real soon!

queenieweenie said...

Okay...let's get this clear---David is reserved for Hailey!!! He's only 3 1/2 years older than her. I told her she could marry him the first time we saw him on AI, so I officially call "dibs" on being his MIL!!!

SUMMER said...

I have not seen the picture of us with the rose in our teeth! That is too funny/ dorky and I love it! I'm so glad you came. Why have you been so fun to hang out with since we were 9? I could never get sick of you. We have always been like Bonnie and Clyde or Thelma and Louise or Laverne and Shirley. Good laughs and I still think we should have squished Archie down to a smaller size and put him in our pockets to take home. He was adorable!!!!

Justin and Ashlee said...

I had no idea you had a blog. I'm so glad you found me. You look beautiful, and your kids are so grown up. I can't believe how long its been since we have seen you guys! Keep in touch.
Ash

camille said...

yay, I'm so happy to see your blog...finally! That night sounded amazing and I am so jealous. I love Archie and he will be so successful. I'm interested in hearing all about the conversation between him and your Dad!!! Great to see you tonight. You are one hot mama.

ps. little Hank is the cutest thing EVER!!! He is getting so big! Where does the time go?

Anonymous said...

Are you on a high or what right now!! How much fun did you have- I can feel it leaking through your computer to mine! :) SO glad things turned out so fun!! Good times good times ;)

Jason and Layna said...

It was so GOOD to hear from you. I am so excited you started a blog. Your kids are so stinkin cute, and your girls look exactly like you! I am so glad you are doing so well and are so happy! You better stay in touch!

Hollyween said...

Here from your sister's blog...

Seriously. I'm dying over your celebrity status since you had DINNER WITH DAVID!! Hello, you lucky girl!!!

I almost cried when he didn't win tonight. I'm heartbroken.