5.21.2008

Midway to Heaven



























We finally got away for some much needed family time to our house in Utah. I am always amazed at the serenity and peace I find there especially during Spring. It is beautiful and I am grateful that my family has a place to go to get away from the fast-paced life of the OC... these are a few of my favorite things to do there: eat cupcakes (oh wait, that's everywhere), shop, eat at Cafe Rio, milkshakes at the Dairy Keen, picnic lunches, fishing, campfires, swimming at the Kamas pool with the big slide, breakfast on the balcony, sleep in, pilgrimage David Archuleta's stomping grounds, go for long drives in the country, go to the "man-mall" aka Cabella's, buy new cowboy boots, bake cookies & bread, eat at the Windy Ridge Cafe, order pizza, play with my beautiful children, spend time with my hubby!




9 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh how fun. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Laura Ek said...

Wow, who knew there was so many fun things to do in Utah? I never gave it half a chance! Glad you had a good time, being with just the family is so nice!

Hazen5 said...

I think we go to Cabelas every time we visit Utah. The kids love the Shooting Gallery (okay, I do!). Great pictures of the trip.

So, Did you sneak a peek at the Nudist Camp?

amanda said...

actually, there are fun things to do, and we did have a blast! i had no idea cabelas was so much fun!!! i can't wait to go back and try the shooting range...we barely made it through 1/4 of the store & past the fish!!! and i tried to sneak a peek at the nudys, but i didn't see anything but a bunch of farm animals!!!

Jason and Layna said...

I can't believe you have a home in Midway. That is so close to us! I will definitely be home in August, so I want to get together. It looks like you guys had so much fun. Hopefully you left before the crazy storm hit!

Ashley Park said...

I thought you were going to call when you came out :( I know how hectic family trips are... So what did you think of SO Cupcake, I think its average at best.

queenieweenie said...

Okay...the picture of Hanky with the fishing rod is classic. Thanks for letting me get some visual squishies in for your kids. I LOVE THEM. You can totally tell what a stinkerbell Frelly is in her pictures. Too fun!

Anonymous said...

Love love love the pics Amanda!! I just can't get enough of your kids- they are ALL just SO cute!!! So glad you guys had a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I love it...'Midway to Heaven'. We should make a sign for the house. I'm so glad you got away for some serious fun and relaxation with those beautiful kids. Hank with the fishing pole is my favorite--but the most classic is Faith with her marshmallows!!!