4.25.2009

My House

i know a LOT of people are going through this right now... losing a house.  i didn't think it would hurt so bad.  it is bittersweet.  "if these walls could talk, what a tale they'd have to tell"....
these walls would tell of love, laughter, parties, new babies, warm meals, good friends, dancing, the sound of children playing....dreams.
they would also tell of pain, fear, confusion, hurt, loneliness, emptiness, sadness, anger, contention....broken hearts.

tonight grace asked me where we will live, i told her, it doesn't really matter, as long as we are together.  it's a house, not our home.

7 comments:

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

I agree.

No matter what happens, you have ur health and your family...that's all that matters!

It's just 4 walls. You will always have the memories in photos and in ur heart.

I was just telling Stacey something similar to this the other day.

Hugs,

Julie
BFF of Stacey from The Little Gym.

SUMMER said...

SPUDS- why do you need to make me teary eyed! I DO love your house but I have loved everywhere you have lived because you make every house a HOME! xo

Hazen5 said...

Everything is going to turn out okay! Leaving that house will help you heal.

karlin said...

It was fun to see you on AI the other night! Sorry to hear about your house. I think leaving will help you heal too... a fresh start!Keep hanging in there. I love all your Happy's. I'm amazed sometimes by how much we have in common. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I will always treasure the memories in that house- but the best part is I will always have your family in my life- no matter what house you live in :)XOXO

Stella said...

I'm so sorry. We'll talk soon. It's hard but it is YOU that makes a home, not the house!!! Are you free after Frelly's class on Tuesday? We can chat for a while!

Megan said...

I'm going to miss seeing that cute little face of yours when I drive by but it is true...it is for the best. Once this door is closed, another one will open and your "new" life can really begin! clean slate...new memories!