4.15.2009

Happy 85

85.  visiting teachers
why do sisters do visiting teaching? mosiah describes it this way: "to bear one another's burdens, . . . to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort".  this morning my visiting teachers (& friends) helped me wake up to a day i did not want to face.  they came to my door with breakfast, fresh flowers, gifts, cards, listening ears & so much love.  if it weren't for them i probably never would have gotten out of bed.  
thank you.

5 comments:

My Little Clan said...

How wonderful to have such amazing friends and family! I hope you are feeling better and you guys are always in my prayers.

Jane said...

that's why VT is one of the highest callings! They got you up and ready to take a step. Once you put those steps together and look back, you'll see that you're on the other side of this. I think about you often.

Neal Family said...

I too have been repeatedly blessed by my visiting teachers. I once sat in a Stake Enrichment where the speaker said that she knows that Heavenly Father knows how important women are to other women because he gave us visiting teachers. It is so true. Hang in there girl. Heavenly Father has great things in store for you. I applaud your courage!
Love,
Mandee

Shalyse said...

Amanda, I have been thinking about you a lot lately~! What's your email? We need to catch up.

inge said...

Amanda
I am glad to hear that you have such kindness you seem to need it at the moment. You continue to be in my prayers. God is good you will get through this.