2.03.2009

Happy 34

34.  texas chocolate sheet cake
this is hands down my favorite chocolate cake in the world...

cake:
2 cubes butter
1 cup water
2 T. cocoa
(bring to boil)

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 t. salt
(add to above)

1/2 cup milk with splash of vinegar
2 beaten eggs
1 t. soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
(mix all together & bake in sheet pan for 20 minutes)

frosting:
1 cube butter
4 T. cocoa
6 T. milk 
1 t. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar
(melt butter, add cocoa & milk, bring to under boil.  take off heat & add sugar.  spread over cooled cake)

my mom always uses the leftover frosting & puts it in between graham crackers...i, somehow never have any leftover frosting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake is fabulous! I could eat an entire one! Who cares that it supposed to serve twelve people or what ever! It is GOOD and my tummy likes it!

queenieweenie said...

oh crap...now I want to make one.

Hess Fam said...

I am OBSESSED with Texas Sheet cake. Not too many people around here know about it!