1.10.2009

Christmas Morning

this year the kids and i spent the night at my parents house.  we had so much fun sharing christmas morning together.  anthony came over to watch the kids open their gifts then we had our traditional company strata at hillary & jake's (thanks guys).

hank didn't seem to be to concerned about what santa left under the tree for him!
my babes, & some christmas tears
my baby & my hero, my dad
mom's christmas tree, perfect as always
christmas eve the kids talked to santa at the mall...frelly gave him a rasberry kiss, sang the "dizzy-izzy" song for him that papa made up & they told him they wanted a puppy...he left them a couple of stuffed ones with their stockings.
hank starting to wake up
my frell
apparently, nothing that santa left compared to the truck that grandma & papa gave him the night before!
my christmas angel

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Hank is adorable. What a cute little guy.

Bill and Paige said...

Those pj's are so cute! Where did you get them?

zuniga family said...

I have the same question as the previous comment. I love the pj's. Where did you get them? Can we please hang out? I am so willing to drive out there. I miss you! I hope you are feeling better!

amanda said...

chasing fireflies....my favorite catalog/online store. that's where i got there big puffy red skirts too! it's pretty fun!

Lisa Harris said...

So cute. Love the personalized jammies. I think your dad is adorable. He remind me of mine, which makes me have a bit of a non creepy crush:)

Angie Whitman said...

Just want you to know that you have a fellow friend who is right there with you, dealing with most of the same exact situations right now. I know how much effort it takes to answer the phone, get motivated, and just be. My kids are my angels and are what keep me going. We have many similarities...my oldest daughter, Kenzie just turned 7, Maddison is 5, and my sweet boy Jax is 17 mos. They have given me strength to put up boundaries and limits that I'm not sure I could of done without their motivation.

I KNOW how hard this is and I understand the inner strength, courage, and faith it takes. I also understand the fear, the sorrow, and even sometimes anger for what is happening.

I filed for divorce in October from my husband of almost 11 years. I've known him since I met him at 15 at a Stake Dance (I'm only 30). He served a mission, we got married in the temple, and... it can happen to any of us and it does happen! It is still an uphill battle, with a very slow pace of inching myself up to safe ground. I am happy to be going up and each day I feel myself getting just a tiny bit stronger. Something that has helped me and you probably have already read it, was the book "Codependent No More", it helped me learn to detach and love in a healthier way for me, my children, and Jake. You have been through so much already and you have to remember that...I loved when I read somewhere that I had been through just as much as Jake has with battling his addictions, if not more, because I was sober during all of it! It made things clearer and made me understand the depth of the pain I had endured, too. It is real and let yourself grieve. I wish I was on the complete otherside of things and could say for sureity it all works out, but I have faith it will.

My little girls (especially my 7 year old) are asking me the same questions about divorce. It goes against everything in my being to do this, too. Against everything I believe in and have taught them. Then I have to remind myself that THIS IS giving them a chance at a healthy life with healthy relationships. A life that includes seeing their mommy happy, and not always anxious, tired from the stress, and depressed. I will get there and so will you.

You haven't mentioned much how Anthony is dealing the decision to divorce. I wonder if you have dealt with some of the things I am dealing with. Jake is still in denial that our marriage is ending, his addiction(s), and his life crumbling around him.

I know your agonizing about how this will affect your children. I think about it every day, if not every hour, how this has/is affected my children. This quote brings me so much strength:

"You can't possibly do this alone, but you do have help. The Master of Heaven and earth is there to bless you... Yours is the work of salvation, and therefore you will be magnified, compensated, made more than you are and better than you have ever been as you try to make an honest effort, however feeble you may sometimes feel that to be.
Rely on Him. Rely on Him heavily. Rely on Him forever. And 'press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope.' You are doing God's work. You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you and He will bless you, even - no, especially when your days and your nights may be the most challenging. Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hesitation and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master's garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and sometimes weep over their responsibility as mothers, 'Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole'(Matt 9:22). And it will make your children whole as well."
~Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

All my love, your sister and friend in AZ, (who also isn't sleeping much these days),
Angie

email me if you ever want to peek into my life on my blog or just need to talk to someone who KNOWS. I know it would help me, so if not for any other reason, let that be the one!
angiewhitman2003@yahoo.com

Angie Whitman said...

Holy cow, just had to say that is the record longest comment I have ever (and probably will ever) write!!:)