so, tomorrow the kids and i are flying back home alone, without anthony.
it's been a great week with our little family, but being on the "outside" as they call it has been tougher than he expected, harder than he'd hoped.
we were talking about resurrection, and i said "anthony, one day you won't have to be an addict anymore, you can be made whole."
what an impossible thought that seemed to be for him from where he is standing now, to wake up and not CRAVE, what a beautiful promise.
if He can make a blind man see, He can heal my husband's broken brain, my broken heart, my children's broken innocence, my family's broken trust.
JUST FOR TODAY...I HAVE HOPE.
we are camped at the bottom of the mountain, recharting our course, heading still, for the summit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh Amanda, My thoughts are with you! I think you need Allison and I to come down there and take YOU out for a "girl's night" with some sprinkles!! Let me know if I can do anything.
Honestly, my heart breaks for you! You are such a strong person and have such great faith! It is amazing to see how you have changed from when I first met you (all our random funny times... hide-n-go seek in the dark)!!! Seriously, I want to meet up if you have time over Christmas break! I have from the 19th to January 11th off. I want to come down and hang out! Hopefully you are around! I miss you and I seriously think about you everyday! I will keep you and Anthony in my prayers and HOPE that he will be able to overcome this horrible addiction!
MO-
I just got back from the craziest week at my folks and am so glad to be home. I'm sorry Anthony is not. I thought he was coming home but I guess for some purpose he needs to stay longer. What can I do but ache for you and pray that you have the strength to get throught his and hopefully your patriartical blessing can help you. Lots of love
Are you okay?
I love you with all my heart.
Post a Comment